Heart of Hawick – Economic Impact Assessment 2010
DC Research has been commissioned to carry out an Economic Impact Assessment of Heart of Hawick, an arts and culture led regeneration project designed to contribute to the social, cultural and economic regeneration of Hawick and the wider Borders.
Heart of Hawick includes:
- Tower Mill – including the cinema/theatre, Beanscene Café, visitor centre/shop, workspaces & meeting rooms
- Heritage Hub – Scottish Borders Archive & Local History Centre
- Borders Textile Towerhouse
- Civic Space
- The James Thomson footbridge/cyclebridge over the River Teviot
- Town Centre Improvements – around Tower Mill, Towerdykeside, Tower Knowe, High Street, Kirkstile and Silver Street.
The study will involve the application of HM Treasury Green Book methodology to assess the economic impact of the project from its original development to the end of September 2010 (thereby covering the first three years of the project).
For further information on the research study, please contact Dr Stephen Connolly
For more information on Heart of Hawick please see the following link: http://www.heartofhawick.co.uk/
An executive Summary of DC Research’s previous research for Scottish Borders Council into the economic impacts of the Heart of Hawick regeneration project is available from the DC Research Publications Page.