Economic Contribution Study: An Approach to the Economic Assessment of the Arts and Creative Industries in Scotland
Creative Scotland and Scottish Enterprise published our study into the Economic Impact Assessment of the Arts and Creative Industries in Scotland in June 2012.
- Click here for Creative Scotland’s Press Release
- Click here for Scottish Enterprise’s Press Release
- Click here for a copy of the executive summary, the full report and individual sector profiles
Led by DC Research working in partnership with Cogent Strategies International and Pirnie Ltd, the objectives of the study were to:
- Obtain a comprehensive and robust picture of the contribution of the Arts and Creative Industries to the wider Scottish economy.
- Develop a framework for Creative Scotland and partner organisations wishing to conduct their own economic impact assessments.
In September 2012, the Scottish Government highlighted this research in its 2013/14 draft budget (http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0040/00402310.pdf, page 100, under the ‘culture’ section).
For further details please contact Dr Stephen Connolly.